ACL disease is all too common in dogs. In fact, it occurs six times more often in canines than in human athletes. For dogs who are TPLO candidates, this procedure can be a superior approach for several reasons.
- Patients experience faster recovery with an extremely low complication rate.
- Structured rehab is rarely required.
- Patients experience less chronic osteoarthritis.
- Patients recover a more symmetric gait.
- Owner satisfaction rates 12 months post-TPLO are higher than with other procedures.
- TPLO offers a better outcome for dogs per a major study published in "Advances in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery", Volume 27, Issue 8, 2014.
- Research overwhelmingly favors TPLO over other procedures for returning your pet to normal function. In fact, TPLO is considered the "Gold Standard" among veterinary orthopedists and is overwhelmingly preferred for their own dogs.
Experienced specialty surgeon explains how TPLO works and post-op concerns during consultation.
Dr. Haburjak explains the TPLO procedure for dogs.
Post-op properly performed TPLO.